A. Essential/Primary Responsibilities
i. Executive Support
1. Assists the President/CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
2. Communicates with the general staff on the President/CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the SLT, The Management Team, and members of Disruption Africa staff.
3. Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to project initiatives as directed.
4. Researches prospective corporate and foundation donors to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals.
5. Drafts reports, concept notes, pitch decks, letters of solicitation, and proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
6. Supports the CEO in his/her external commitments, including service on external boards,committees, and other groups
ii. HR Support
Administratively supports HR lead (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up, and other administrative tasks), drafts emails, and other Disruption Africa correspondence as directed.
iii. Board Support and Liaison
1. Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual Board meetings and dinners; semi-annual Board staff lunches/receptions/new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests;and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials
2. Coordinates meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates committees both on and off-site to support the CEO’s agenda
3.Participates as an adjunct member of the SLT including assisting in scheduling, and attending meetings. Represents the CEO in designated meetings as required.
4.Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items
B. Board Support and Liaison
Performs other duties as assigned. Oversees the training and support of clerical staff. Assist as needed with front desk operations including but not limited to, answering phones, accepting the package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
Performs other duties as assigned. Oversees the training and support of clerical staff. Assist as needed with front desk operations including but not limited to, answering phones, accepting the package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests
D. Experience & Education
1. Bachelor’s degree/Diploma or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues.
2.Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
E. Skills & Abilitiescation
1. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders,including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
2.Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources.
3.Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint; fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful.
4. Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
5.Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
6.Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
7.Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, colleagues of the CEO and staff, and others
8.Knowledge of other languages and international customs is an asset; knowledge of Mandarin or Arabic is helpful
9.Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
F. Working Conditions/Other Data
1.Due to the confidentiality of the work, the functions of this position should be performed in a private office location but remote work may be in temporarily considered.
2.Occasional travel may be involved.
G. Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
How to apply
Send your Cover Letter.CV, & Relevant Documents to [email protected] in a single PDF. The deadline for application is 12th February 2023